Hello everyone! My name is Brittany, and I work with Elle Grey to help her get the word out about these wonderful stories! I thought I'd share a few fun facts before we get to the Q&A. I'm an open book really!
- I grew up in the same house my entire life, my first move was to college!
- I never really had a "real" boyfriend till my husband... I always wanted to have sons (crazy I know, I'm just a "boy" mom)
- We've been to 12 countries and 38 States! My husband is in the military so we have moved a lot!
- I have a brother who is 15 months younger than me.
- I have a degree in Exercise Science and hate exercising... I'm very adventurous though, I love the outdoors. I'm also very competitive and actually really athletic.
- I had the highest grade 3 years in a row for the best written essay in high school. (It was kinda like a TCAP test but in the form of an essay for advanced English) However, I'm a horrible writer... I'm not exactly sure how I did that!
- Growing up I told everyone I wanted to be a Botanist, my mom was SHOCKED when I didn't actually go to school for plants! HA
- Oh, and I don't have a favorite color... I think all colors are pretty and I just can't pick one so I always say the rainbow is my favorite!
Q&A with Brittany
What do you do for fun?
I LOVE traveling, photography and blogging! I’ve actually been to 12 countries within the last six months with my two kiddos and husband!
Tell us about working with Elle Grey and her mission.
My job at Elle Grey Stories is to help spread the word of her stories and what they represent! It’s actually a really easy job, because when I believe in something with all my heart, telling people about it just becomes natural. I can honestly say that I LOVE my job, and I’ll hang with Elle Grey Stories for as long as Elle will have me!
What story are you most excited about for kids to read, which one do you think will have the biggest impact?
Hmmm.... that’s a hard question because I think all the books will have a great impact on everyone! However, what I can tell you, is I’m most EXCITED about the book titled "Protection While Moving". You see, my children are Army brats, and with my husband’s career we have moved every year of our marriage and every year of our children’s lives! We’re currently approaching eight years of marriage with a move in December making it eight moves in eight years! Crazy right? Needless to say, I need a book to prep my boys on moving. You’d think they’d be professionals, however, they act like rookies every year!
What do you like most about Elle Grey Stories?
I don’t like, I LOVE that these books are like a one-stop shop for every issue we face as parents! I love the idea of having a second voice saying the EXACT same things I tell my children everyday. I also LOVE the fact that every book, every character, and every book cover has a story! Elle put a TON of work and love into these stories and you can tell when you read them.
What is it about Elle Grey Stories that you feel makes them stand apart from other children’s books?
I have seen once a week, since working with Elle Grey, a post on Facebook from friends looking for a book to help teach their children something that one of The Elle Grey Stories covers. These books are literally the place you can go for any issue you might run into as a parent, or even books to help reinforce behaviors you’ve already taught them. There’s just nothing available to this extent and I think it’s wonderful that these books are going to help shape the future of our world through our children.
What can you tell us about Elle Grey? What have you learned about her since working with her?
Oh, this is an easy question! Elle Grey is very down to earth, I remember during my interview thinking...this lady is awesome! She’s so easy to talk to, she’s very personable, and she puts up with all my cheesy jokes! (Seriously, you guys I have the worst jokes, and she’ll always laugh at them! haha)
She’s very passionate about her books, and her children, and it shows through her words. I believe you know you’re in the right field if you wake up in the morning excited to go to work! I believe with all my heart that Elle has found her calling, and loves waking up to the idea of sharing her stories with the world!!